Saturday, April 24, 2010

...what just happened?

Yesterday was my last day at Krome Studios.

I gave 2 weeks notice on Thursday, and having accrued about 2 weeks leave meant that I resigned on Thursday, left on Friday - must be the shortest notice period I've ever worked.

I'm still reeling from the sudden departure; there's no denying Krome has had its issues, but they were willing to give me a chance back in 2007, 6 months after I came back to Australia from 3 years overseas.

So thanks to everyone at Krome - for their repartee, buffoonery, helpfulness and generosity through often trying circumstances. You will be missed.


5 comments:

Mike Mañalac said...

Likewise Mr. Brouwer, our random conversations about blog topics and the like will be missed!

I was amazed when I heard the announcement. 'He got away! noooooooooooooooooo!' was my first reaction.

The best of luck to you buddy, keep in touch! (or I will spam the heck out of your blog)

Kristian said...

Wowsas! A free man. Now I expect greater output on this blog.

James Brouwer said...

Ahahaha thanks, Mike!

Sorry, Kristian - starting a new job on Monday, so just the the usual sporadic output, I guess...

Anonymous said...

hey congratulations little brother! hope you get more time with that norman rockwell illustration you call a family.

James Brouwer said...

Ha! Thanks, Dr Bill!